Week 6: Literature Search, Rapid Critical Appraisal, and Summary
For this assignment, you will locate two research studies related to the topic and PICOT questions that you developed.
The articles must be current (within the last five years), and one article must be quantitative, and one article must be qualitative.
Article choice is very important, therefore:
· Articles used for this assignment cannot be used for the other assignments. The selected articles should be original research studies. Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review articles should not be used.
· Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
There are two parts to this assignment.
Part 1: Complete a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist
· Select one each: qualitative and quantitative research articles.
· Create a Rapid Critical Appraisal Checklist for the two research articles (one column per article).
· Complete with brief, concise, summarized information.
Part II: Write a summary (one- to two- pages)
· Identify differences between quantitative and qualitative designs and research methods.
· Use current APA Style for your summary paper and to cite your sources.
· Submit the checklist and summary.
My first question “In patient who experiencing diabetes, does the insulin pump result in more effectiveness on blood sugar control when compared to using inulin infection over 5 years?”
My second PICOT question is “In patient who experiencing diabetes, does the insulin pump will result in less skin complications compared to using insulin injections over 5 years?”
Lastly, my third PICOT question is “In patient who experiencing diabetes, does the patient who using insulin pump will alleviate more psychologic complications compared to the patient who using insulin injection over 5 years?”