please read this scenario and answer the 3 questions below in short paragraphs. APA citation and reference. no plagiarism
Lillian fell when she was returning from the bathroom after the suppository. The nurse found her sitting on the floor complaining of pain on the left side of her rib cage. The nurse called for help and assisted Lillian back to bed. She notified the physician and completed the necessary reports. The physician ordered a follow-up chest X-ray that came back within normal limits. Lillian had a small bruise on her rib cage but no fracture. The physician gave the nurse the following orders over the phone.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol): 325 mg po every 4 hours as needed for pain
- Zolpidem (Ambien): 5 mg po at bedtime for sleep
- Alprazolam (Xanax): 0.5 mg po as needed for anxiety
- How would the nurse assess Lillian’s pain, and when would the nurse assess for pain when giving the acetaminophen?
- How does zolpidem work? Be sure to include the drug category, mechanism of action, onset and duration of action, and safety considerations.
- What are the factors that contributed to Lillian’s fall?