The capstone project change proposal will be presented to an interprofessional group of leaders. A final summary of the reflective journal entries will allow students to self-reflect on the process of developing an evidence-based change proposal. Students will apply concepts related to self-awareness, synthesis, and integration of new knowledge and skills in their nursing practice.
1. Present the capstone project change proposal to an interprofessional group of leaders.
2. Demonstrate interprofessional collaboration in the dissemination of the capstone project change proposal.
3. Demonstrate achievement of the course objectives in the written completion of the Individual Success Plan (ISP).
4. Integrate self-reflective practice in summarizing the practicum reflective journal entries.
Dissemination of EBP and research, such as presenting results at a conference or writing an article for a journal, is an important part of professional practice. Identify one professional journal and one nursing or health care conference where you might present your project. Discuss why each of your choices is the best option for you to disseminate your new knowledge.
Discuss why EBP is an essential component of the practice of a BSN-prepared RN. Identify two ways in which you will continue to integrate evidence into your practice and encourage it within your work environment. What obstacles could challenge this plan, and what steps will you take to minimize their impact?
Capstone Project Change Proposal Presentation
Review the feedback on the change proposal professional presentation and make required adjustments to the presentation. Present your evidence-based intervention and change proposal to an interprofessional audience of leaders and stakeholders. Be prepared to answer questions and accept feedback.
After presenting your capstone project change proposal, write a 250-350 word summary of the presentation. Include a description of the changes that were suggested by your preceptor before your presentation and how you incorporated that feedback. Describe how this interprofessional collaboration improved the effectiveness of your presentation. Include a description of the feedback and questions from your audience after your presentation, and how this experience will affect your professional practice in the future.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Throughout the RN-to-BSN program, students are required to participate in scholarly activities outside of clinical practice or professional practice. Examples of scholarly activities include attending conferences, seminars, journal club, grand rounds, morbidity and mortality meetings, interdisciplinary committees, quality improvement committees, and any other opportunities available at your site, within your community, or nationally.
You are required to post at least one documented scholarly activity by the end of this course. In addition to this submission, you are required to be involved and contribute to interdisciplinary initiatives on a regular basis.
Submit, by way of this assignment, a summary report of the scholarly activity, including who, what, where, when, and any relevant take-home points. Include the appropriate program competencies associated with the scholarly activity as well as future professional goals related to this activity. You may use the “Scholarly Activity Summary” resource to help guide this assignment.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
1. Capstone Project Change Proposal Presentation ; this can be a power point with speaker notes and include the PICOT statements and suggestions that you received from the feedback. This would be something you utilize to disseminate the results of your project and share with the staff.
2. ISP Form must be signed by your preceptor as complete. It should be completed with the completion of your 100 hours and have your preceptors sign off on the completions of the selected project.
3. Benchmark – Professional Capstone and Practicum Reflective Journal ; This should include (all 10 weeks) of reflections with a cover page of your completion of the project from your weekly reflections.
4. Scholarly Activities ; this should be a summary of the actives that you have been engaged in during the past 10 weeks, see the assignment for the details. This could be a summary of one specific peer reviewed article or a conference that you attended in support of your research.